A minor milestone tonight: I finished entering the unit tests from the CMP workbook. BuildCalc now has 6326 unit tests! That is a lot of tests. Being curious enough to miss out on some much needed sleep, I ran the new tests against version 1.2. The verdict? Pretty darned good, but not perfect.
So what does that mean? Well, there were a few cases where BuildCalc wasn’t 100% key stroke compatible. Some examples:
The [Cost] function is sometimes coming up short by a penny?!? I bet that is going to be a challenge to figure out!
There were also some formating of the comments section that will have to be cleaned up. For example: “Rake Wall Angle of Incline” or “Rake Wall Cheek Cut Angle”.
Some test cases that will need changes deeper in the code, such as the ability to use the results of multiple presses of the [Width] key as input to other functions.
Fortunately, these all appear to be minor issues. I’ll keep chipping away at these inconsistencies. I don’t think I’ll have them all complete by the end of the week, but perhaps I’ll have enough to warrant a beta release. This means that, in about two weeks, a fully tested version of the App should be on the way to the beta testers … and (with luck) on the App store a couple of weeks later.
By the way, if you come across something about BuildCalc that you don’t like, I would really like to hear from you. I continue to learn about …Read More