How to reset BuildCalc (iOS)
If BuildCalc launches OK but either some of the advanced functions do not work properly or you just want to reset to the factory settings, the following steps are recommended:
- From the main keypad, tap:[Conv] [Prefs]
- At the top of the “Preferences” screen, you should find the “Reset” cell. Tap either [Imperial] or [Metric] to reset BuildCalc to its factory settings.
However, if BuildCalc fails to launch or is frozen, you may wish to restart it. You can do it by:
- Return to your iOS devices home screen by pressing the home button.
- Double tap the home button to show your currently running apps.
- Find the BuildCalc icon in the row of currently running apps at the bottom of the screen. There may be more than 4 apps running, so try swiping your finger from right to left on the botton row to show more running apps until you find BuildCalc.
- Once you find the BuildCalc icon among the currently running apps, press and hold it until all of the icons at the bottom of the screen start to jiggle and show a red circle with a white minus sign.
- Tap on the red circle with the minus sign for BuildCalc. This will stop BuildCalc from running.
- Tap your screen, above the bottom row, to hide the row of currently running apps.
- Restart BuildCalc
- If BuildCalc won’t start properly, try these instructions to delete and reinstall: http://buildcalc.com/2011/09/how-to-delete-and-reinstall-buildcalc/