Won’t launch, crashes, or freezes:
The following is a list of causes and recommendations if you find yourself having problems with BuildCalc.
- Most likely (Apple): Your copy of BuildCalc did not download correctly when you purchased or updated it. The remedy is to uninstall and reinstall BuildCalc (preferably via iTunes rather than the App Store App). You can find instructions on how to do this here.
- Most likely (Android): BuildCalc’s configuration files have become corrupted. The remedy is to clear BuildCalc’s data. Instructions are here.
- If BuildCalc freezes when only using a particular function (but not the other functions), then the function’s configuration file may have been corrupted. There have yet to be any reports of this on Apple devices but this has happened on Android devices. The remedy is to re-instate BuildCalc’s factory settings by (within BuildCalc):
- Tap [Conv] [Prefs]
- Tap the [Imperial] or [Metric] button (depending one your preference) in the “Reset” cell.
- Tap [OK] on the reset notification
- Try the problem function again. If it still doesn’t work, try follow these instructions
- You may have found a serious bug with BuildCalc. Unfortunately no software of any substance is bug free (and if it were, you’d be too busy dealing with the flying pig problem to notice). But if uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t work, then please contact me as soon as possible so I can get you up and going right away.