I uninstalled BuildCalc … how do I get it back?
Fortunately, both Apple and Android thought this one through for us. The only thing you will need to know is the Apple iTunes or Google account you used to initialize your device. Here are the instructions to get your copy of BuildCalc back.
- Launch the Google Play (was Android Market) App and then tap on the search icon.
- Enter “BuildCalc” into the search box and tap the [Go] button.
- Notice the “Purchased” text at the bottom right of the BuildCalc cell. This indicates that Google remembered your purchase and that you can redownload BuildCalc for free! If, instead, you see BuildCalc’s price and you are sure you purchased BuildCalc then most likely you are not logged into the same Google account you were when you purchased BuildCalc. Be sure that this Android device is associated with that Google account. In other words, is the email account on this device the same as it was when you purchased BuildCalc?
- Tap on the BuildCalc cell (as shown in the above screen shot) and then tap on the [Install] button in the BuildCalc product page.
- Tap the [Accept & download] button to accept the terms and start the download
- After the download has completed, BuildCalc will install (this step went too quickly for me to get a screen shot).
- After the installation is complete, you will be given the option of opening BuildCalc or uninstalling BuildCalc. Tap [Open].
- If you get an “Unlicenced Copy” message. Tap the [Exit] button and open BuildCalc again.
- Launch the “App Store” app on your device and, if not already there, tap on the “Search” tab.
- Enter “BuildCalc” in the search text box and tap on the “BuildCalc – Advanced Construction Calculator” cell
- Tap the BuildCalc app cell.
- Tap the button (near the top left) with BuildCalc’s price.
- Note that the button changed to [BUY NOW]. Tap the button again.
- If you haven’t used the App store recently, you will be asked to enter the password for your Apple ID
- Your download will appear to start but, before it does, you should see the following screen:
This means that Apple remembered your purchase. Tap [OK].
- Your download will start.
- If the download completed and you did not see the “already purchased screen”, then most likely the Apple ID associated with this device is not the same as the Apple ID used when you purchased BuildCalc. You will need to associate this device with that ID.